With continuous advances in technology, namely mobile devices and the burgeoning area that we call the Internet of Things, come exponential increases in the potential volume of discoverable data. But how does eDiscovery keep up in this changing landscape?
In this session, we will address the state of the law and best practices in information governance, preservation, and production. We will also examine how eDiscovery experts employ these tools to defensibly collect and sort through the terabytes of data that are created by new technology to find the most pertinent information. This course covers collecting and sorting through data from:
1. Social media (including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter)
2. Internet of Things (IoT) devices including wearables (e.g., Fitbits), smart home devices, and even “connected” cars
3. Collection of data from smart phones, iPads and other mobile devices
4. Cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Docs) and security issues
5. Web-based email accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail
Join us at the 2019 NAMWOLF Conference in Los Angeles, CA on September 23, 2019.